Jeremy was referred to me by a realtor who has hired me for staging consultations before. He was in need of a ‘feminine touch’ in the home and to make his home feel more welcoming to families. As a single dad who only spent half his time at the home, it was lacking in accessories and style.
Sold: Within 12 hours fo listing with multiple offers
Realtor: John Darel
Jeremy hired me not only for hands on staging and accessory rentals but also for some design hours too to source him a new bed set and coffee table, as well as a few other items he had to purchase for the home (drapery, entrance mats, etc).
With the chaos of trying to sell a home, running a home business, and having your children coming for the week on the same day as staging, we worked together to declutter, clean, and organize some extra areas as we staged the main living spaces.
What we did:
- New layout for main living room (corner fireplaces can be tough)
- New bright area rug for main living room
- New art and console for main living room
- Throw pillows and styling for main living room
- Larger coffee table (brought down from upstairs bonus room) to fill space
- Decluttered bar cart and turned into proper bar cart (with my circus glass styling on top to suit existing mirror)
- Styling dining room table
- Adding artwork and accessories to dining room
- New bed set for master bedroom (game changer)
- New drapery for master bedroom (game changer)
- Faux fur throw rug for beside bed
- Side table lamps and corner chair to warm space
- Making and styling bed with tea tray
- Organizing and styling master bath shelves
- Cleaning and styling master bath counter
- Paint selection for kids bedrooms upstairs (blue)
- I bought a bunch of ornate frames from thrift stores and hung them on the newly cleaned chalkboard wall (not pictured) in the spare bedroom for a fun youthful design feature
- New floor plan for bedroom (using chalkboard as headboard and facing bed out window.
- Tidy and style desk, floating shelves, and dresser
- New drapery for one bedroom
- Reused existing drapery in other bedroom
- Brought bedroom up from basement into what was an empty room to furnish third upstairs room. Floor plan associated
- Styled bedroom with artwork, plants, and accessories (not pictured)
- Artwork and apothecary jars in second bath for children.
- Bonus room had a very brown carpet, so I brought in a lighter area rug to ground the furniture and help cover some of the dark brown.
- Brought up side table from basement
- Hung artwork above couch and office
- Styled bonus room shelves and couch
- New table purchased for product
- Artwork and accessories in main bathroom (love that little blue winter artwork – matches the paint perfectly).
- Brought exisitng area rug down to basement for living area.
- Brought existing coffee table down to basement for living area
- Brought existing wooden console (was in garage) down to act as TV unit to hold games and ground the TV
- Brought down existing bright large artwork to bring colour to basement (previously in dining room)
- Styled couch
- Moved music station out of basement ‘bedroom’ into main area and hung chalkboard
- Converted basement ‘bedroom’ into home gym.
- Chose paint colour for basement bedroom to match upstairs room – beautiful fresh light blue.
Sarah was amazing to work with. We were on a tight timeline, and Sarah came through and helped me display my home in a way I never would have imagined. I was able to sell my home within 12 hours after listing!Jeremy T
After: Listing Photos
Jeremy was great to work with and easy to communicate with as we went back and forth with approvals for bed sets (slim pickings with a 1 day to pick up – so no ordering online!).
Jeremy was so impressed with how his house turned out he intends to hire me to design his new home after he moves.