About This Workshop
Tue, 21 March 2023
6:00 PM – 7:00 PM MDT
- 1 hour
- Mobile eTicket
- Unshelf Design & Boutique 3411 8 Street Southeast Calgary, AB T2G 3A4
A beautifully set table has the power to enhance the dining experience and create a warm and inviting atmosphere for guests.
Join Interior Decorator, Sarah Kirkpatrick, for a unique introductory workshop to decorative table setting design! In this class, you will be guided through a variety of styles and types of settings while learning the important elements of decorative table settings.
This workshop will explore the ins and outs of creating your own personalized table setting, so whether you are planning a dinner party, special event, or just want to start improving your decor skills and feel joyful in your home, this class is perfect for you.
Decorative Table Setting DesignDesigner Mini-Workshop Series
What you will learn:
- Dinnerware basics: choosing your pieces (plates, bowls, cups and saucers, utensils, glasses)
- Linens: tablecloths, napkins, runners, placemats
- Types of settings: casual to formal
- Styles of settings: heirloom, modern, minimal, eclectic, etc
- Getting creative: patterns and textures, layouts, napkin folds, accessorizing (herbs, ribbons, napkin rings, etc)
- You will leave this session with a fundamental knowledge of basic decorative table setting design. Be sure to keep your eyes peeled for our upcoming hands-on centerpiece workshop so you can continue building your table with confidence!
Space is limited, so reserve your spot now!
Note: Materials will be provided for the workshop. No prior experience necessary.
All Unshelf Design & Boutique workshops are held in the Design Lab at Unshelf Boutique – Calgary’s only interior-designer-owned decor and home goods second-hand boutique.