Marketing & Admin
– Part-time position
– Immediate start
– $15-16/hr (depending on experience)
– Retail Shift in store every Sunday – 12:00pm-5:00pm
– Remote administrative & marketing work additional 4-6 hours throughout week with availability to take on more hours as needed.
The right candidate will grow with Us with the opportunity to gain more hours in the spring/summer.
Unshelf Design & Boutique is seeking a marketing and administrative assistant for our boutique consignment brick and mortar store, and interior decorating and home staging company. Applicants should be interested in business administration and interior design and decorating.
Applicants must be:
- VERY detail oriented**
- Professional & communicate clearly
- Tech savvy (excel, inventory software, social apps, G suite)
- Eager to learn
- Understanding of the many hats required for small business.
- Experienced in retail and social media. Additional marketing and administration experience is an asset.
- Must have own reliable vehicle
Perks of the job:
- Free parking
- Flexible schedule (other than Sundays)
- Room to grow
- Cute dogs onsite
Who We Are
Unshelf Design & Boutique is a local interior decorating and staging company with a brick and mortar consignment decor store location in SE Calgary. We have been in business for just over 2 years.
We specialize in cosmetic redesigns to inject joy back into people’s homes so they can relove them for years to come, or sell them for more money, faster. As an extension to our services, we can now help our clients sell their trendy, modern decor after a redesign or move, and have access to affordable decor for use in our projects and for the public!
Fun Fact: Sarah Kirkpatrick, owner of Unshelf Design & Boutique, owned and operated a successful digital marketing company for 10 years. Sarah will be the point of contact for this position and is willing to mentor.
Retail Clerk Tasks:
– Open and close store
– Greet and receive customers in a welcoming manner
– Engage customers and driving sales through suggestive selling and sharing product knowledge
– Answer customer questions
– Answer calls, texts, and emails from vendors and customers
– Document and transact sales through Ricochet
– Update website for specific featured projects
– Process payments by totalling purchases – cash, debit, and credit card using Helcim.
– Intake and document new consigned items and consigners
– Photograph and update inventory of consigned and thrifted items
– Research prices to determine best sales price for items
– Update Ricochet and website with new items (consigned, thrifted, retail)
– Organize and tidy retail space, design lab, and inventory/stock area
– Clean boutique and studio once per week, or as needed
– Update store signage and restock/style shelves
Staging Assistant (Bonus):
– Packing and transporting staging rental decor, artwork, and furnishings to staging client’s home
– Unpacking rentals, styling, and photographing home staging
– Packing and de-staging rentals from staging clients’. Transportation back to warehouse, unpacking and organizing. Documenting inventory.
Admin Assistant Tasks:
– Update client product tracking sheets
– Budget sheet updates for client projects
– Creating and updating client binders
– Sending workshop attendee selections to vendors for purchase/ordering
– Onboarding design and staging clients – creating google drive folders, asana and dubsado projects, populating with documentation.
– Styling sheet updates onsite for design project install
– Project admin (updating tracking information, meeting follow ups, etc)
Marketing Assistant Tasks:
– Create social posts for both Unshelf Boutique & Unshelf Design
– Create stories with linked projects for Unshelf Boutique. Posting regularly during store shift. Must be comfortable on camera.
– Updating project portfolio on website
– Monthly newsletter creation
– Creating and promoting store events
– Marketing tickets for workshops through social channels, newsletters, etc.
– Email outreach (writing emails for approval and sending new assets to potential customers)
If you are interested in applying for this position please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. The subject line should read “Admin/Marketing Assistant Application”. Within your cover letter please detail how you are detail-oriented and incorporate the hashtag ‘#secondhandfirst’, tell us why you are interested in this position, and include one marketing tactic to promote workshops you would like to implement if you are hired.
Only suitable candidates will be contacted for an interview.