Vacation / Short Term Rental Property Makeovers: Airbnb, vrbo
Short Term Rentals (including Airbnb, VRBO, and private vacation rentals) are a business. Like any business you need to consider who your target audience is – your ideal renter – and design around/for them. In a sea of white walls, leftover furniture, and builder-basic light fixtures, people are searching for more to call ‘home’, and specialization demands higher nightly rental rates. In fact, consider design as the physical marketing strategy for your property – the more stylized the suite, the more marketable it will be.
If you are new to the short term rental (STR) business, or your existing rental property is not getting the bookings you expected, it is time for a makeover (flip) for the purpose of profit.
- Cosmetic upgrades that utilize all valuable space and add ‘wow-factor’ to increase value (share-worthiness)
- Floor plans and furniture arrangements for the most welcoming atmosphere (most photogenic and highly-rated for comfort)
- Furniture & decor sourcing (with longevity in mind)
- Styling & decorating to catch attention in the sea of online listings
FIVE STAR SERVICE
We offer a 5-tier design and marketing service with packages ranging from initial consultation through to complete design support and promotion so that you have the flexibility to select the service level you need for your short term rental.
Initial Consultation: $250
This 2-hour consultation is an in-depth ‘working meeting’ during which we tour your property and discuss the needs and priorities prior to listing your successful short term listing. Taking note of customized recommendations for cosmetic upgrades/improvements, furniture requirements, decor and accessory ideas, and layout suggestions, we paint a clear picture for you to kickstart your business.
- 2-hour ‘Walk & Talk’
- Detailed Questionnaire
- Airbnb Essentials Checklist Editable PDF
Look Book (mood board)
Starting at $250 (1 Bed, 1 Bath, 1 Living Room)
$99 per additional room
Scaled floor plan $200 per room (optional)
Each room in an STR is a selling feature and should be treated as such. We will create a custom mood board for each room in your listing that will guide you in the design direction that is best suited for profitability, marketing, and 5-star reviews. You can use this look book as a reference for your shopping, and as a marketing asset in and of itself!
- Theme and concept ideation
- Vision board mockup
- Colour scheme creation
$400 per room
Selecting the right furniture (affordable, beautiful, functional, durable) and accessories is key to a successful hospitality business. The Design Blueprint details the specific items we’ve selected for each room of your property, with descriptions and a layout to make install easy. The blueprint comes with a revised visual design board paired with direct links in a shopping list you can easily work though.
*look book approval required before digital blueprint
- Scaled Floor plan (with furniture layout)
- Design board creation
- Sourcing specific design furnishings
- Paint colour selection
- Customized shopping list with links
Install & Styling
This is where it all comes together! After all the planning and the excitement, it is time to procure all of the furnishings and decor and set it up in your STR – your business! My team and I will take care of everything from purchasing and receiving product, to through painting and installing wallpaper, to building furniture, and accessorizing key vignettes throughout the property for photo-worthy moments.
After install and styling, a lifestyle property photographer will capture not only the rooms but the feelings they evoke for use on your airbnb, VRBO, or other listing website.
- Purchasing all furnishings, decor, and accessories – Sharing trade discounts up to 50%
- Tracking, receiving, and checking orders for quality control
- Delivery, install, and assembly of all furnishings
- Photo-ready styling of decor and accessories
- Includes photography for marketing & listing
Startup Essentials Shopping
Organization & Re-stage Handbook & Training
Short term listings get clicked because of how they look, but they get booked for the reviews. Five star reviews are earned by providing an experience that feels easy, homey, and above-and-beyond. Your STR should feel like home away from home, and this is achieved by having essentials on hand, and organized for find-ability in a new place.
This experience needs to be consistent for each and every client – all with their own unique review opportunities. We ensure this through a customized re-stage handbook and onsite training with your cleaners or property management company.
- Purchase all consumables/perishables from Airbnb Checklist
- Organize kitchen and storage/overstock areas
- Photograph for and write re-stage handbook for hosts/cleaners
- Train hosts/cleaners on re-stage design and welcome setup for guest experience
A La Carte
- *Create Airbnb/VRBO Listing (description, photo organization, photo captions) – $150
- *Internal signage – $100
- *Tourism & Property Info Binder – $400
- Walkthrough Video (+PLUS Instagram reel teaser) – $200
- 3D Virtual Tour – Contact for Quote
- Welcome Package (Email with welcome letter, video, additional photos) – Contact for Quote
- ‘Open House’ Digital Invitation for Launch – $100
- 1-Page Feature Sheet – $100
- Presentation Package (Folder & Brochure) – $200
Our branding service is for those business owners who want to make their short term listing a true profitable and marketable hospitality business outside of the Airbnb and VRBO platforms. Branding your STR gives you the ability to create a separate website, social media channels, and additional marketing materials to garner awareness, interest, and bookings on a larger scale. With a marketing strategy to get started, a brand guide comprising of a custom logo, font, and colours for your business, and 15 custom social media posts for Instagram and Pinterest to kickstart your social media marketing, you will have everything you need to truly launch your new listing.
- Marketing Strategy
- Brand Guide (logo, font, brand colours)
- 15 Social Media Posts
- Add On: Custom WordPress Website ($1800)
The more ‘targeted’ your rental property is, the more attention it will get. These stylized properties earn more loyalty, spread through word of mouth (often through social posts by impressed renters/visitors), and garner great reviews for unique and inviting spaces. Plus, better furnishings and a great environment can offset many small issues that may arise, because their overall experience is more positive.
And don’t forget to download our free airbnb checklist for all of the most important things you need for your airbnb!